Health Form

How do I get the Health Form?

The official Boy Scout health form can be found on the BSA website.

Which parts of the Health Form do I need to fill out?

All scouts and leaders are required to have Part A & Part B of the health form. (You will also need to include a copy of your insurance card with each health form) For other family members attending an event less than 72 hours, this will also be required. An example would be a weekend campout.

If the total length of the event is 72 hours or longer (such as summer camp), Part C is needed also. Note that Part C MUST be signed by a LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Do you have any advice on filling out the Health Form?

  1. ALL scouts, leaders and active scout parents, when you go in for a physical (school, sport, work, etc), take a copy of Part C and have your examiner fill it out. That way you only have to have one physical exam and get all the paperwork you need filled out at once; some places won't charge for the extra form. Make a copy for yourself and give a copy to the troop health records chair.

  2. To save yourself some effort each year, you may want to save the Health Form PDF to your computer and use a PDF viewing tool, like Adobe Acrobat, to fill out parts A and B electronically. You can then re-save the form with all of the information in it so it can be used year after year by simply updating only information that has changed over the course of the year. Remember, part C must be filled out by a licensed medical professional, so leave that sheet blank.

  3. Unit Leader = Scoutmaster, Unit # = Troop 163